Tuesday, October 30, 2012

1923 President Harding Has Died! Newspaper Advertisements of that Era


My neighbor was having an estate sale
Her husband had passed last year & she is now finding it within herself to
go through the things he had stored (PACKED) in their garage.
Her husband Kept everything
This sign was his fathers, his father died decades before.
I decided to run over to go see what she had
I have no idea how to date this by the metal all I can go off of is how long it had been
Stored in their garage.
The sign is from 1938, So I was told
It was found in the same plastic as with the 7  ~ 1930's newspapers I just had to have
I paid $20 for the bag of newspapers ~ Priceless to me regardless of their condition
I told her I would try to sell her sign for her online,
At this time 10/30/12 I have it listed on ebay right now, 
The start bid is $20 w/ a shipping fee of $5.95
If you are interested Click the picture
There are signs of it being hung at one point.
The link will take you to the active ebay listing but I will have the sign
in bonanza if it doesn't sell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is an Original Front page
From The Sunday Star Newspaper
 


Dated feb 11, 1934
The First World War In Pictures


It was bought from an estate sale amongst several other
Gone to waste historical Newspapers

As I held this paper in my hands
The tears started
What we as A Collection of Beings Have been through in our lifes
Our grandparents
Their Grandparents
Of all races and creed
Will we really remember?
Will we ever really learn?
How Much of what has happened went over looked
And is going over looked

This One newspaper,
Not only from the content it holds
But the idea that such things as historic
Can be disregarded & neglected for as long as this story book was
Just breaks my heart.
I'm very carefully Saving the parts and pieces that I can
Putting them on flat cardboard and trying to get them to the people out there in internet land that Has the know how to preserve them.


Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This piece is very much falling to pieces as it is touched
If you have advice on how to preserve this Please email me
Thanks

To Purchase:
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/First-World-War-In-Pictures-Front-Page-of-Newspaper-1934-Feb-11th/93398541


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 27th 2012
Here's a few ads I fell In Love with while going through Just one of the 1920's papers
Enjoy the pictures
And Yes, I am framing to resell

Radium as Hayfever relief
Peterson's Ointment

1923 Newspaper Texaco Ad

Womens Fashions 1920
 Sorry but after seeing the Radium ad,
I don't think I'll be drinking any Grape Bouquet
Drink Grape Bouquet
Um,,, Maybe not 1920's

1920 Car ad's Essex Coach
 1920's clothing ad
Just touching this piece would split it in half
So I Had to very careful use a straight razor
And slide it on to the cardboard backing

1923 Fashion Advertisments
1920's Womens Clothes sale Ad
With these ad's I am Mod Podging to keep them INTACT
They are in such poor weathered condition
I am hoping that by applying a barrier, lacing them up and putting them
Under A Sealed glass frame
That might help save them for another 100 years
They will be up for sale in the Boutique & Online
 ~KB

No comments:

Post a Comment