Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Love Vintage He Loves Boxes ~ The Creative WHAT TO DO Moments, Cat Carrier Rescue




I (for one) have never had the thought of: " Hummm, I wonder what people carried their pets around in during the 1950's. 
But it is Amazing How many people Have had that thought & Actually Wrote Blogs on the Subject!
(Thank Goodness) 


Today, I had to research a Cat Carrier from the 1970's & found so Much information on the topic!



The kennels & carriers of the present time are soft, comfortable and Pleasing to the eye.
Yesteryears, Not so much. Boy, The poor creatures who had to travel in these Metal/Plastic containers of the 50's - 70's  Must of Been HOT!



There is a Sunroof on this 1970's Army Guy Green Carrier & A Freaking LOCK!
I'm sorry but who the heck would LOCK their creature in a Metal Travel box!


Now, Another thought jumps in to my already horrified brain.... 

I wonder How many People Locked these kennels 
While transporting their Cats with little concern to the heat & sun factor 
AND LOST THE KEY!!!!





ADHD Kicks in....  I would Love to make this baby Up! A 1970's Pet Carrier Kennel
(Belongs to my Step Mother) My Imagination says to me,,,  Line the floor of the kennel w/ Fuzzy Monster Green Or Hot Pink fabric, Remove that lock & create a Sparkly Out of this world DIVA Cat Vintage Carrier.

My girlfriend says MOD Podge World Maps on the exterior, Create a Humble type Piece
But if you know me, I Love The OUTRAGEOUS, I just do not feel the Humble Calling to me.

I Love Vintage, My Cats Loves this box Just the way it is.
So My Mind battles on Leaving the box Army Green and Not touching it, Because there May be that One person out there that will buy it for the amount I need to get out of it. Or do I take it to the extremes in order to sell it as "Your Cat is the Bomb!" and advertise to Several different types of clients?




OO What about Fuzzy Leopard Print! That comes in Pink also!!
Unfortunately, even though these kennels hold the Age Factor, That does NOT make them of any value.

There are Just to many In decent shape and There's not a huge audience for them as they are, and I do need a specific amount for my step mother.
One one End I know it will sell for what I need to get out of it, one the other hand I do hate to disrupt the history of the army green, Lock and sunroof.
I am wondering though if there is an audience for Vintage / Antique Super cute Modern Appeal
In the Must have Cat World.



No comments:

Post a Comment